Over the years we have seen an increasing interest in the architectural style – HAMPTONS.
Hamptons is all about achieving that ideal mix of clean and contemporary pieces with rustic, imperfect touches. This style never goes out of fashion. We love that it represents our relaxed beach living lifestyle. It is Classic and sophisticated.
At Sanctuary 28 we understand the design and finishes elements that make a home truly hamptons. Our team understands your vision.
In today’s blog post we explore Hampton’s exteriors, materials and finishes to get that classic Hampton’s look.
- Large windows feature throughout with bay windows common and Palladian windows a standard among many homes.
- no Hamptons home is complete without extensive use of white. The colour brings a sense of openness to the space, mimicking the relaxed feel of the beach. This is often accented with greys, navy and duck egg blues, and other neutrals and seaside colours which all help to deflect the heat of the sun.
- A dark coloured metal, galvanised iron or slate-tiled gabled or gambrel roof with eaves creates a crisp yet decorative add-on.
- A gabled roof also promotes higher indoor ceilings and superior spatial awareness.
- A weatherboard finish is almost essential to the look, Scyon’s Linea emulates the crisp charm of timber without the challenges of traditional timber that can collect moisture, warp or attract termites.
A weatherboard finish is almost essential to the look
This home used James Hardie Linea Cladding
Looking for more hamptons inspiration, follow the links below to recently completed projects;